To make eclairs over a campfire you're going to need:
- some 1.5 inch wooden dowels
- Pam nonstick spray
- Pillsbury (or whatever brand) crescent rolls in the pop tubes
- Vanilla Pudding (we use the 4-pack kind you send in the kids lunches)
- Chocolate frosting (again use the tub kind. We're camping we go for easy!)
- Canned Whipped Cream
- fire that has burned down to coals that are good for roasting things.
Then take one of the crescent rolls and wrap it around the end of the dowel. Make sure that you pinch the edges tight so it doesn't unroll while you cook it. Then cook the roll over the fire until it's golden brown and delicious. It takes a couple of minutes depending how hot your coals are.When it's cooked slide it off the end (and let someone else use your stick.) Fill the crescent pocket with pudding and whipped cream. Frost the side with the chocolate frosting. And then enjoy!I'm not sure why everything tastes better when it's cooked outdoors, but I think I could have one of these every night! So if you go camping and try these out let me know if you liked them as much as we did!